[collectd] Feature to get io data from process

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Oct 21 13:17:09 CEST 2009

Hi Andrés,

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 11:21:40AM +0200, Andrés J. Díaz wrote:
> I attach a patch for collectd-4.8.0 adding a new feature which read IO
> data for a process using /proc/<pid>/io (only works on linux >
> 2.6.20) […]

thank you very much for your patch :) I've just applied your patch to
the master branch and pushed the chancges. The following additional
changes are in my repository:

  * The “ps_read_io” function is now static.

  * The types used have been renamed to “ps_disk_octets” and
    “ps_disk_ops”. This way the names are the same as the ones used by
    the “disk” plugin, but with the “ps_” prefix.

  * The data sources have been changed to be of type “DERIVE”. This way
    we can avoid setting a maximum value.

Best regards,
—octo