[collectd] Plain text protocol question

Jean Baptiste FAVRE collectd at jbfavre.org
Thu Oct 8 12:00:13 CEST 2009

Heelo,
I'm new on the list, but already using collectd since a few months.

In order to be able to improve data display, I'm trying to stream them
to a web page. I plan to use either lightstreamer
(http://www.lightstreamer.com/) or ape-project (http://www.ape-project.org/)

But the first step is to be able to get values. Therefore, I activated
Unix Socket plugin and try to get data.
I'm now able to use LISTVAL (despite some strange display effects,
mostly due to my client code I think), but facing issues with GETVAL.

If possible, I would rather prefer using sort of wildcard, for example:
GETVAL hostname/*

Is there any way to achieve it, or will I have to parse each line of
LISTVAL to get it working ?

Thanks,
JB