[collectd] curl_xml plugin

Amit Gupta amit.gupta221 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 12:11:55 CET 2009

Hi,

I have been working on curl_xml plugin. The idea of this plugin is to query
the xml data using the curl library and parse it according to the user's
configuration using libxml2. I have worked on the top of curl-json plugin
code and got this plugin to work. I am proposing the following configuration
for curl_xml:

<Plugin curl_xml>
   <URL "[some url]">
       Instance "<instance-name>"
       <xpath "<xpath1>">
          Instance "<instance-name>" (Optional)
          Type "<type>"
       </xpath>
       <xpath "<xpath2>">
          Instance "<instance-name>" (Optional)
          Type "<type>"
       </xpath>
  </URL>
   </URL>
</Plugin>

libxml2 will parse the xml using xpath specified in the configuration. For
now, the attached code supports one xpath to one element mapping.

Does this plugin make sense?. I will be submitting the configure, Makefile
and the documentation changes once this idea is approved.

Regards
Amit