[collectd] mysql plugin

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 04:58:23 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Kaushal Shriyan
<kaushalshriyan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Mirko Buffoni <briareos at eswat.org> wrote:
>> Kaushal,
>>
>> First, verify that /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock exists and it's
>> readable by collectd (as a first try you can chmod 777 the file)
>
> Mirko,
>
> I dont have /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock on my system whereas i have
> rest of the sockets listening and listed out.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kaushal
>
>> then reload the daemon.
>> I had no problem at all with mysql plugin, even if the socket is
>> located on a non standard directory.
>>
>> Mirko
>>

>>> Hi Mirko
>>>
>>> I have this in my my.cnf file
>>>
>>> [mysqld_safe]
>>> socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
>>> nice            = 0
>>> [mysqld]
>>>
>>> Do I need to comment it out and re bounce both mysql and collectd
>>> daemon in order to make it work. ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Kaushal

Hi Again,

Below are my mysql plugin configs in context to my earlier post to
this Mailing List. I am using collectd version 4.8.1 on Ubuntu 8.04
Server.

<Plugin mysql>
#       <Database "">
#               Host ""
#               User "nagios"
#               Password "secret"
#               Database "mysql"
#               Socket "/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock"
#               MasterStats true
#       </Database>

        <Database "mysqla">
                Host "localhost"