[collectd] Notifications in 4.6.2 and 4.7

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Mon May 18 14:18:16 CEST 2009

Hi Andrés,

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:11:10PM +0200, Andrés J. Díaz wrote:
> Is it really a bug? Is it a feature ? Maybe thresholds will be
> deprecated by filters?

it's a bug. I've applied your patch in the meantime, it'd be awesome if
you could give it a try and check if it works as expected now.

We have in fact thought about doing the threshold checking with the
filter machanism, but decided against it for the time being. We may do
this in a later version, but the existing syntax will continue to work
until we actually release a new major version.

What's currently missing to do the threshold stuff via the filter
mechanism is the long planned “meta data” for value lists. I hope to
have this ready for 4.8..