[collectd] fscache plugin, second try

Edward Konetzko konetzed at quixoticagony.com
Mon May 11 17:42:40 CEST 2009

Sorry if this is a repost, seem to be having mail issues today.

Octo

I have been looking over the changes you made to the patch and they seem
to be working fine.  I do have one question though about the metrics.
Host and Plugin I understand perfectly, Plugin instance, type and type
instance I am a little fuzzy on.  Currently all metrics are broken down
at the plugin instance level, where it seems to be that should be the
single type fscache_stats and type should be Aquires, Allocs... and then
the type instance should be the metrics related to type.  To me it seems
that model would allow for adding additional types of metrics later if
the kernel module exposes more.
I will work on another patch for if you want to go this direction,
should have it done by tonight.

Edward