[collectd] quick reload

János Prepuk prepuk.janos at gmail.com
Tue May 5 21:42:44 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I have begun to test the collectd. I collect datas from ~100 devices with a
lot of interfaces. Query interval is 300 sec. I use only rrdtool plugin.
CacheTimeout is 1800 sec because of the IO problems.
It works perfectly but there is a problem what I can't solve.
If I add a new device to the config I have to restart the daemon. The
restarting keeps about 6-7 minutes because of the flush, but while it takes
the collection is paused. So the graph is always incomplete.

Is there any solution for this problem? Could I load the config without
restart?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Janos Prepuk