[collectd] Standards conformance

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue May 5 21:03:14 CEST 2009

Hi all,

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:12:13AM +0200, Sebastian Harl wrote:
>  - one flag (something like "strict standard compliance") to enable all
>    those standard flags

I've implemented this now in the collectd-4.7 branch: If the
`--enable-standards' option is given, all the necessary will be added to
src/config.h. I've also added further fixes, so I'm currently able to
compile with
  ./configure --prefix=/tmp/collectd --enable-debug --enable-standards CC=`which c99` CFLAGS="-g -O0"
on my Debian Testing box.

Due to the `isnan' bug, FreeBSD fails horribly with this option.

OpenBSD seems to have some minor issues: libcurl there uses fd_set
without including <sys/select.h> and similar. So nothing dramatic.