[collectd] Version 4.6.2 available.
octo at verplant.org
Wed Mar 18 12:37:12 CET 2009
a new patch release of collectd 4.6 is available. It includes many small
bug fixes. Please see the changelog excerpt below if your setup is
The source code is available from collectd's homepage:
Many thanks go to:
* Alan Pevec for pointing out the strict aliasing problems in
* Bruno Prémont for finding more bugs then I remember putting in
* Sebastian of course, for more changes and fixes than I could
possible summarize in one sentence.
2009-03-18, Version 4.6.2
* collectd: Some Solaris utility code has been improved.
* filter subsystem: Allow `Chains' without default targets.
* liboping: A patch to comply with strict aliasing rules has been
* timediff match: Fix a typo: The match was registered with a wrong
name which prevented this match to be used as documented. Thanks to
Bruno Prémont for finding this problem.
* bind plugin: Fix collection of the cached RR sets. The number of RR
sets currently in the cache was collected as a counter value, which
is nonsense. Thanks to Bruno Prémont for implementing this.
* dns plugin: Don't pass NULL to `pcap_open_live': Some systems,
primarily BSDs, don't take it well and crash.
* oracle plugin: Portability to 64 bit systems has been improved.
* postgresql plugin: The default configuration has been improved.
* rrdtool plugin: Fix a possible race condition: If the network plugin
is brought and dispatches a value before the rrdtool plugin is
initialized, the daemon may crash.
Florian octo Forster
Hacker in training
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/attachments/20090318/d81daaa9/attachment.pgp
More information about the collectd