[collectd] apache and collectd plugin

Amit Gupta amit.gupta221 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 08:29:30 CET 2009

Hi,

I have to monitor statistics of both apache and lighttpd using collectd. I
was reading through the apache plugin documentation and it seems that apache
plugin can very well be used for lighttpd as well. However, I am looking for
monitoring both the servers at the same time on the same machine and I can't
seem to understand how could I achieve the same using the collectd apache
plugin. As far as I understand it, I can have only one apache plugin block
in the collectd.conf and in any case, the set of the rrd files for both
apache and lighttpd are going to be same. (I don't know if there is a way to
configure the path of the rrd files for different plugins?)

Is there someone who has tried this configuration? or any idea how to go
about it?

Regards
Amit