[collectd] "interesting" values (was: Bug in utils_cache.c)

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Wed Jul 8 10:22:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 03:59:50PM -0600, Paul Sadauskas wrote:
> I guess I need to figure out what makes something uninteresting, and
> why its happening.

A value is considered to be "interesting" if a threshold has been
defined for the respective identifier (i.e. (host, plugin, instance,
type, instance) tuple). This is relevant e.g. if a value is "missing"
(i.e. it has not been received for twice the interval it has been
received previously) - then a notification will be dispatched.

See the section "THRESHOLD CONFIGURATION" in collectd.conf(5) for more
details.

HTH,