[collectd] tail plugin problem

sergio tex at sergio.spb.ru
Thu Jan 22 21:53:04 CET 2009

Florian Forster wrote:

> Looks like you're using the old, deprecated and not-up-to-date
> collection2 script. Please take a look at the new version, which you can
> find in contrib/collection3.
Yes, I was using /usr/share/doc/collectd/examples/collection.cgi
Now I'm using collection3 from
http://collectd.org/files/collectd-4.5.2.tar.bz2

And I have two new problems:

1)
When I select tail plugin I see something like this:
+-------+-+
|counter|-|
+-------+-+
In html source I see style="display: none;" at the end of img, why?

When I type direct image url i see correct graph:
http://host/collection/bin/graph.cgi?hostname=host;plugin=tail;plugin_instance=exim;type=counter;type_instance=rejected;begin=-600

2)
I need to count lines ended by " Completed".
With Regex " Completed$" accepted graph is empty.
(http://host/collection/bin/graph.cgi?hostname=host;plugin=tail;plugin_instance=exim;type=counter;type_instance=accepted;begin=-600)

% rrdtool dump counter-accepted.rrd | grep -v NaN | grep '<row>' | grep
-v '0.0000000000e+00' | wc -l
0

May be this regexp is wrong?

--