[collectd] About apache plugin

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Thu Jan 1 12:47:01 CET 2009

Hi Tomoki,

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 04:35:38PM +0900, Tomoki Yokoi wrote:
> There is many apache instances(port virtual host) in a single host in
> my environment .
>
> I want to know weather collectd's apache plugin can monitor these
> instances scoreboards indivisually.

no, right now the apache plugin cannot gather statistics about each
virtual host. The reason is simply, that I have no idea if (and how)
Apache provides this information.

Additionally, I don't think Apache has a scoreboard for each virtual
host, but only a global one. But I'm not sure on this.

If you want to get statistics about the traffic handled by a specific
virtual host, you could have that virtual host write traffic statistics
into a file and then use the tail plugin to read those files. It's ugly,
but should work fine.