[collectd] memcached:// support in curl plugin

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Feb 24 12:16:19 CET 2009

Hi Doug,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 01:03:48PM -0500, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> I can also do this, just let me know which path you think is best:
> - leave the patch as-is
> - implement pluggable schemes
> - a new plugin, memcachec? - and in the process see if we can extract
> any more re-usable utils.

that'd be awesome, I've already spent more time with the Java plugin
than I initially planned to ;)

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean with ``implement pluggable
schemes'', though :/

The though to make configuration handling easier has crossed my mind
more than once already. Some
  int oconfig_get_string_alloc (const oconfig_item_t *ci,
      char **ret_string);
  int oconfig_get_string_buffer (const oconfig_item_t *ci,
      char *buffer, size_t buffer_size);
  int oconfig_get_double (const oconfig_item_t *ci,
      double *ret_double);
functions are easy write and may help in many cases.

But what I'd absolutely love (but have no idea how to do ``nice'') would
be something like this:
  int oconfig_get_struct (const oconfig_item_t *ci,
      const oconfig_struct_description_t *desc,
      (void *) &ret_struct, sizeof (ret_struct));
Obviously, the `oconfig_struct_description_t' part is tricky, especially
with dynamically arrays, nested structs, and so on..

If you or anybody else has a clever idea, let me know :)