[collectd] memcached:// support in curl plugin

Doug MacEachern Doug.MacEachern at hyperic.com
Sat Feb 21 00:21:25 CET 2009

Hi All,

I was starting on a generic plugin to pull metrics out of memcached
using libmemcached, then had a look at the new curl plugin (which is
great btw!) and realized most of the curl plugin features would
apply.  Rather than copy-n-paste-n-rename most of curl.c, I had a
look at libcurl to see if we could plugin in a memcached scheme
handler but the struct Curl_handler's are all static to url.c.
Doesn't seem right to #ifdef this into the curl.c plugin, but I
really don't want all the copy-n-paste/duplication either.  What do
you think?