[collectd] collectd uses a lot of virtual memory

Mariusz Gronczewski xani666 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 19:43:48 CEST 2009

Hi,
> * Linux instances virtualized by OpenVZ don't have a swap. Since
> there's no swap, overcommitting would be dangerous since that could
> lead to processes allocating virtual memory that would later be
> inaccessible (since there's no real memory backing it). I'm not too
> fond of random segfaults.
how much u get for ur cash ? Provider now allowing any swap on VPS
don't sound good to me. Im for example using linode.com, for $20 u get
360 MB ram, 16GB storage and 200GB transfer and all swap u want. Dunno
if its a good offer (didnt tried other VPSes) but at least on XEN
based VPS u dont have to pay more if ure afraid to get 1MB over RAM ;]

Regards
Mariusz