[collectd] collectd 4.6.1 make fails on FreeBSD

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Mon Apr 20 22:10:31 CEST 2009

Hi Ulf,

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 12:45:55AM -0700, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:
> On FreeBSD EILSEQ is defined in /usr/include/errno.h, but only if no
> _POSIX_SOURCE is set.
>
> Was just trying to build 4.6.2 on FreeBSD (an older 6.1 machine).

I've actually just fixed this problem on Saturday after finding it on
the build page provided by Doug ;)

Probably, FreeBSD is even right about this: EILSEQ is an XSI extension
and I did not specify _XOPEN_SOURCE=600.. I'll add that in addition to
my previous work-around, just to be sure ;)

> > > client.c: In function 'lcc_putval':
> > > client.c:752: warning: implicit declaration of function 'isnanf'
> > > client.c:752: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
> > function 'isnanf'
[...]
> isnanf is only defined if __BSD_VISIBLE is set (from /usr/include/math.h).
>
> With collectd 4.6.2 I had to add "#define __BSD_VISIBLE 1" on
> src/libcollectdclient/client.c and src/bind.c

This sounds like a bug to me: `isnan' is defined in the ANSI C standard
and should be exported if _ISOC99_SOURCE is set.

> Florian, if you want I can setup a virtual machine with FreeBSD on it
> for you to test things.

That'd be great to figure this kind of stuff out :)