[collectd] fscache plugin

Edward Konetzko konetzed at quixoticagony.com
Fri Apr 17 20:44:18 CEST 2009

Florian Forster wrote:
> Hi Edward,
>
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 12:20:43AM -0500, Edward Konetzko wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have a fscache plugin for Linux?  Just thought I should
>> ask before I started to write one.
>>

> not that I know of. What is ‘fscache’? The file system cache? Or some
> sort of software?
>
> Regards,
> -octo

Fscache is a file system cache for network or slow files systems. From
what I gather it was originally designed for nfs but it looks as if it
will be used for any file system that would benefit from a on disk
caching layer. My use case is for it to act as an on disk cache for NFS
as our usage patterns would benefit greatly from it. Here is a link to a
pdf David Howells, the developer, wrote up
http://people.redhat.com/~dhowells/fscache/FS-Cache.pdf .

Fscache is currently in the 2.6.30 rc's and should be included in final
release of 2.6.30.

Hope that info helps, I will get on writing a plugin then and submit it
when finished.

Thanks