[collectd] collectd makes high cpu load?

Kun Richárd kun.richard at kirzen.hu
Fri Sep 19 11:12:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

I use rrdtol plugin, their config is [0], the number of RRD files is 1433.

I've been watching the iostat and sar statistics, and I seen 2Mb/s
continuous writing, when the collectd runs.

The machine have 4G ram, I think it's enough, but the storage... The machine
is a HP Proliant DL360G5, with SAS disk and HP Smart Array P400i controller,
I thought it will be enough:)

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

--
Ricsi
 kun.richard at kirzen.hu

[0]
<Plugin rrdtool>
        DataDir "/var/lib/collectd/rrd"
#       CacheTimeout 120
#       CacheFlush 900
#
# The following settings are rather advanced
# and should usually not be touched:
#       StepSize 10
#       HeartBeat 20
#       RRARows 1200