[collectd] JVM statistics collection?

steve hillier shillier at halogensoftware.com
Wed Sep 10 14:59:53 CEST 2008

        Hi,

        I've read through the docs and faq, and done a few test builds
        from
        source, but did not find any answers to my question(s).

        I'm prototyping a statistics collection package that includes
        system,
        network, and JVM statistics collection. I see that collectd can
        do most
        of what I want already (great!), but I don't see anything that
        might
        point towards someone else having used it to gather JVM
        statistics.

        I'm not averse to writing my own plugin, but I don't want to
        reinvent
        the wheel either, so my question is: Has anyone ever tried to
        implement
        JVM statistics collection, specifically via JMX or some such
        method?

        If not, what barriers might I encounter trying to code up a
        plugin to
        add this functionality?

        Thanks,
        Steve.