[collectd] notifications, was: perl plugin issue

Ruslan Bondarev ruslan at emumail.com
Fri May 9 01:50:56 CEST 2008

Sebastian,

> > /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/threads/threads.so:
> > undefined symbol: PL_no_mem
> Yes, this is a known issue. Please have a look at [1] for more details
> and some possible work-arounds (also see [2] for a minor correction of
> the instructions mentioned at [1]).
> [1] http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/2008-March/001616.html

Thanks, that really helped a lot.

I have some other question though. I've been playing with notifications, and
it looks either I'm dumb, or the collectd doc is vague, or it's not possible.
Anyways, it looks that I can't create a threshold notification for a specific
part of dataset, say, 'shortterm' of 'load', because it's neither plugin nor
type instance. Am I right?

Thanks.

--
Ruslan