[collectd] perl plugin issue

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Fri May 9 00:44:54 CEST 2008

Hi Ruslan,

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 08:08:18PM +0300, Ruslan Bondarev wrote:
> I'm trying to write my own perl plugin using collectd-perl and this is
> what I get, when I run collectd.
>
> Can't load
> '/usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/threads/threads.so'
> for module threads:
> /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/threads/threads.so:
> undefined symbol: PL_no_mem

Yes, this is a known issue. Please have a look at [1] for more details
and some possible work-arounds (also see [2] for a minor correction of
the instructions mentioned at [1]).

Florian, could you please add that to the FAQ? If you want me to get the
text in a shape better suited for the FAQ, please drop me a line in IRC
;-)

HTH,
Sebastian

[1] http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/2008-March/001616.html