[collectd] collectd debian etch mips

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Mar 26 14:43:46 CET 2008

Hi Tom,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:22:02PM +0100, Tom Duijf wrote:
> I'm running collectd on almost all devices at home and at work
> (openwrt, freebsd, debian, redhat, etc). Almost, because i have some
> cobalt raq2's (debian etch mips) which dont have collectd version 4
> available.

Version 4.3.0-2 of the Debian package recently made it into Debian
Lenny, so there should be a MIPS package available, too.
<http://packages.debian.org/lenny/collectd#pdownload>

I'd get the source package (either by using `apt-get source collectd' or
by downloading the files yourself and extracting them using
`dpkg-source -x collectd_4.3.0-2.dsc') and build that. To build the
package cd into the newly created directory, make sure that the first
line of `debian/changelog' talks about `stable', not `testing', and do a
`dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us'.

I can't give you a tutorial for building Debia packages here, please
read one or two of the numerous tutorial available. Here are three, to
get you started:
<http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-pkg_basics.en.html#s-sourcepkgs>
<http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/index.en.html>
<http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Debian-Binary-Package-Building-HOWTO/>

And if you are _very_ lucky, collectd 4 will be available on
backports.org soon ;)