[collectd] PATCH: sensors

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Mar 26 13:54:24 CET 2008

Hi Peter,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 03:03:41PM +0100, Peter Holik wrote:
> because this type got registered as input and "input" is not in types.db

sorry, I must have missed your mail. Thanks for the patch, I've applied
it to 4.2 so the next patch release has the fix.

> after configuring with --enable-debug i saw a log:
>
> No such dataset registered: input
>
> should that be also without --enable-debug in my syslog?

I'm cautious with (error) messages that appear once per interval,
because if the daemon logs *anything* once per interval you're bound to
and up missing an important line.. However, this specific condition is
very confusing, because everything seems to work just find except this
one value you're missing..

Maybe I'll re-implement something like the old `complaint' code that
logs such recurring messages in increasing intervals..