[collectd] enhancment for threshold (make a notice when value is in range)

Dieter Bloms collectd at bloms.de
Thu Mar 13 15:29:48 CET 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 13, Sebastian Harl wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 02:59:37PM +0100, Dieter Bloms wrote:
> > the treshold does make an event, if a value is out of range, but
> > it doesn't make an event, if the value is in a range.
> > Maybe it would be nice to have a parameter,n the configfile to enable
> > a "good event".
>
> Do you have any example use cases for this? I currently do not see any
> benefit from that.

yes, I'am implementing a monitor system, which opens a ticket in our
ibm tivoli enterprise console, so our on-call duty can react on it.
If for example the load reach a high value, a ticket is opened.
But when the load falls down after a short time, my monitoring system
can close the ticket, before anybody has to react on it.

--
best regards

  Dieter