[collectd] Where can I find notification

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Tue Jun 10 09:46:56 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 09:27:44AM +0200, habib wrote:
> I  define threshold for cpu and memory. In the official collectd
> documentation I read that if the value of is greater than specified
> threshold notification is dispatched. My question is  :
> how  can  i get this notification?

Up to version 4.4, only the logfile plugin supports to actually dispatch
notifications, i.e. they will only show up in the logfile (if that
plugin has been enabled). In the current development version in the Git
VCS repository, "notify_email" and "notify_desktop" are available as
well, which are able to send emails or "desktop  notifications" upon
notifications dispatched by collectd. Those plugins will be available in
the next release (4.5).

Cheers,
Sebastian

PS: Lately, I've seen a couple of people not using any real names when
    posting to this mailing list. I consider this to be somewhat
    impolite so I would really kindly ask you to at least use your first
    or last name, so we know who we're dealing with.