[collectd] Patch to disable MIN and MAX RRAs in rrdtool plugin

xm at leipzig.freifunk.net xm at leipzig.freifunk.net
Sun Jun 8 17:06:29 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I want to introduce another patch we developed while implementing
collectd-based statistics on OpenWrt Kamikaze.

Basically it adds a new boolean option "RRASingle" to the rrdtool
plugin. If the parameter is set to true, the plugin won't create
MIN and MAX RRAs which reduces the size of created rrd files by
roughly 50%.

I don't know whether this is useful for other users, but I helps
us to store more statistic data in the temporary directory of
embedded devices like Linksys WRT54G etc.

The patch can be found at
https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/packages/utils/collectd/patches/100-rrdtool-add-rrasingle-option.patch

I believe that it won't be compatible with your provided
collections.cgi web interface script, but this isn't a problem
for us since we reimplemented the whole rrdtool handling in Lua.

What are your opinions about this? Is the parameter naming okay,
will it be useful for anybody else? Any chance to get this
patch upstream? ;)

Greetings,
JoW