[collectd] Possible collectd bugs

Brian Micek bmicek at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 00:42:25 CET 2008

I am brand new to this mailing list and apologize if I am mentioning known
issues.  We believe we may have stumbled on some minor bugs and would like to
bring them to the attention of the developers.

In collectd.c near line 95, observe:
ERROR ("Looking up \"%s\" failed. You have set the "
                                "\"FQDNLookup\" option, but I cannot resolve "
                                "my hostname to a fully qualified domain "
                                "name. Please fix you network "
                                "configuration.");

The "C" string '%s' doesn't have an argument.  Please consider:
ERROR ("Looking up \"%s\" failed. You have set the "
                                "\"FQDNLookup\" option, but I cannot resolve "
                                "my hostname to a fully qualified domain "
                                "name. Please fix you network "
                                "configuration.",
                                hostname_g ? hostname_g : "NULL-Hostname" );

In ping.c near line 111 in the function ping_init(), observe liboping is not
initialized.  In particular, the static pointer "pingobj" which describes the
state of the plugin is not initialized.   Please consider this change:

static int ping_init (void)
{
         pingobj = ping_construct();
         if (hosts != NULL)