[collectd] RRD and Holt-Winters

Mark Moseley moseleymark at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 18:38:53 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 2:32 AM, Florian Forster <octo at verplant.org> wrote:
> there hasn't been any further development, because I don't really need
> it myself and the discussion was not very active (noone ever answered to
> my post).
>
> If you want to take a shot at it, please go ahead - I'll help wherever I
> can :) Unfortunately I don't have much free time on my hands right now,
> so I won't be able to write this myself anytime soon..

Heh, I'll make do without it. My C is virtually non-existent, so
anything I wrote would have 1 guaranteed segfault per line ;)

I glanced through the code with the thought of replicating it in perl
but thought much better of it very quickly -- especially when I saw
all the caching it's doing.

I'll probably just write a perl script to check for HWPREDICT and if
it finds one without HWPREDICT, swap out the rrd file with a new one
that has it.