[collectd] putval of exec plugin seems to be ignored by collectd

Ulf Kreutzberg ulf.kreutzberg at hosteurope.de
Fri Aug 29 16:49:08 CEST 2008

Hi octo,

thank you for your quick answer.

Florian Forster wrote:
> Hi Ulf,
>
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 05:15:53PM +0200, Ulf Kreutzberg wrote:
>> So here is my setup (linebreaks are caused by MUA and not in config):
>
> your setup mostly looks okay.
 > Is this a copy'n'paste mistake?
Yes, it is "LoadPlugin load" in the original config.

>>         sleep $INTERVAL
 > You're using the (undefined) variable `INTERVAL' here..
Also a copy'n'paste issue, sorry.
The script was only for debugging purposes.

> (Note that I have used the variable in the `echo' statement, too.)
>
> So if I understand you correctly the script is running and you see
> correct debugging output somewhere. Have you compiled collectd with
> debugging enabled? If so, can you set the log level to debug and try
> again? This will produce a lot of output, you might want to use
> `logfile' instead of `syslog' for debugging..
I have compiled it with "--enable-debug" and - it works... I will test
it a little bit on monday and tell you whether it works without debug or
not.

Have a nice weekend,
best regards,
Ulf