[collectd] memcached timeout (Was: Problems with collectd and KVM)

Joost Cassee joost at cassee.net
Sat Aug 23 13:14:34 CEST 2008

On 23-08-08 12:05, Florian Forster wrote:

> bug #26 (see [0]) was caused by the same problem, so apparently you're
> not the only one who gets this message. I've committed a fix to the Git
> repository which
> - fixes the file descriptor leak mentioned in the bug report, and
> - is more informative about what really happens.
> The changed code will tell you whether a timeout or an error occurred
> and will tell you the precise error message, too. Would you mind giving
> this a shot before I pack and release 4.3.4 and 4.4.3? Hopefully this
> will tell is in more detail what's going on..

Of course I would like to try the fix. However, I don't have any
experience with git. Could you mail me a patch of the fix against
version 4.4.1 (the version of collectd in Lenny), or tell me how to
extract one from the git repository? I will then try to package a .deb
with the fix included and give it a go.

Regards,

Joost

--