[collectd] output plugin for Splunk

Pavel Shramov shramov at mexmat.net
Fri Aug 22 21:59:24 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 04:31:31PM -0700, Clay Loveless wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in a collectd output plugin to pipe collected
> information directly into Splunk.
> I'm not expecting to find Splunk experts on this list (though there
> may be some!), but based on what's known here about the sending side
> of the collectd Network plugin, is there anything I could/should be
> doing differently here?
One possible way to use collectd as source of info for some other system
is to run convertor which parses collect data and feeds Your system.
In such setup sending collectd data to multicast address is very
usefull.

Haskell code for parsing collect data may be found at [1]
			Pavel
--
[1] http://grid.pp.ru/git/?p=psha/hcollect/.git;a=blob;f=HCollect/Parse.hs;hb=HEAD