[collectd] memcached timeout (Was: Problems with collectd and KVM)

Joost Cassee joost at cassee.net
Tue Aug 19 10:39:04 CEST 2008

On 18-08-08 18:24, Florian Forster wrote:

>> As a side-note, the memcached plugin keeps giving timeout errors
>> (intermittent). Is there any way of increasing the timeout value? I
>> have already increated the number of threads.
>
> Could you provide the actual error messages please? The plugin simply
> opens an TCP socket and I'm not sure where a timeout would occur..

The syslog lines read:

Aug 15 01:47:45 paulus collectd[25216]: memcached: poll() failed or
timed out
Aug 15 01:47:45 paulus collectd[25216]: read-function of plugin
`memcached' failed. Will suspend it for 10 seconds.

These lines appear about every hour, sometimes more often, sometimes
only twice a day. The host is doing practically nothing, and when I
connect to memcached it works. The other memcached client is the Django
cache system.

Regards,

Joost

--