[collectd] Collectd.pm question

Ruslan Bondarev ruslan at emumail.com
Sat Apr 26 02:18:21 CEST 2008

Hi.
I grabbed a recent version of collectd and decided to write my own perl plugin using
collectd-perl. However, Collectd.pm itself produces syntax errors, thus making local
debug (without hooking to collectd-perl) of the perl script impossible.

# perl -c /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Collectd.pm
Bareword "LOG_ERR" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Collectd.pm line 122.
Execution of /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Collectd.pm aborted due to compilation errors.

Is this intended or am I doing something wrong? Please advise, thanks.

--
Ruslan