[collectd] collectd on HP-UX 11

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Apr 8 10:04:57 CEST 2008

Hi Michael,

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 05:53:32PM +0200, Michael Dempfle wrote:
> I try to compile collectd on HP-UX 11. right now.
> I ran in a couple of problems and want to ask now if someone already
> sucessfully
> compiled collectd unter HP-UX.And if yes what changes he had to make.

sorry, I don't have HP-UX anywhere :(

> #ifdef HAVE_suseconds_t
> #else
>   typedef int suseconds_t;
> #endif

That define will most likely be false on most architectures and will
break systems that do have `suseconds_t'. However, that type is only
every used once - to case a value to the ``right'' type - at least in
the GNU libc.

The cast ist in src/liboping/liboping.c, line 441. You should be able to
remove it without breaking anything.

> and had to use --with-nan-emulation.

That's not good either.. Could you please open a bugreport at
<http://collectd.org/mantis/> saying that NAN cannot be found under
HP-UX and attach the `config.log' file created by configure? Thanks :)

> Right now I'm at a
> "implicit declaration of function 'strtok_r'"
> message I'm checking right now.

You can try adding the _REENTRANT define:
 $ CFLAGS="-D_REENTRANT" ./configure <other flags>
I'll add a check for that to the configure script. The bugreport I've
just opened is #8.