[collectd] libupsclient plugin fault

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Thu Sep 13 09:53:28 CEST 2007

Hi Alex,

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 10:07:48AM +0300, a.shubnik at btis.by wrote:
> Sorry for my persistence but can you help me what i must to do for
> activate 'libupsclient' plugin.

no problem ;) There is a problem with the `libupsclient-config' script.
The people over at the NUT project know about it and have promised that
it will be fixed in the next release, 2.2.1, which isn't available yet.

However, judging from the code you've sent that script looks okay.

> Libs="-L${exec_prefix}/lib -lupsclient -lssl -lcrypto"
> Cflags="-I${prefix}/include "

This,
>      libupsclient  . . . no (libupsclient-config failed)
however, doesn't look so good.. Can you provide the ``relevant'' part of
the config.log file or, alternatively, put the entire file on a
webserver somewhere?

Can you also try the following:
Run `libupsclient-config' by hand: Once with the `--libs' argument and
once with the `--cflags' argument. What does it output? What's the exit
status?