[collectd] munin to collectd migration: collectd-perl examples/ideas for collection.cgi

Stefan Wiederoder swie3010 at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Fri Nov 2 13:46:33 CET 2007

hello collectd at verplant.org,

i´m thinking about a migration from munin to collectd, because munin has
a big scalability problem.

the biggest part is to transfer the plugins from muninexchange, so I´d
very grateful if somebody can
provide me a few examples?

the other part is collection.cgi, which is differs a lot from the munin
web-gui (cron generated html-pages)
or ganglia. What I´m missing most is the capability to group servers,
and that the selector is using too much
space. A combination of ganglia/munin web-gui would be great, because
drraw is too much overhead.
IMHO everybody needs/wants/expects a complete solution for his/hers
client/server environment, maybe
we can start to "collect" ideas for a web interface?
(perl/PHP/ruby/whatever)

bye
,
stefan