[collectd] collection.cgi reports error when processing TIME_WAIT data

James Valente dev at zupercomputer.net
Fri Nov 2 01:13:18 CET 2007

After further investigation, I have identified the source of the
problem.  Apparently, rrdtool reports an error when a DEF name starting
with the capital letters "TIME" is used in a CDEF.  This is because
"TIME" is a special function when used in a CDEF (see the Time section
of the rrdgraph_rpm man page).  (I am using rrdtool 1.2.12).

As a result, the use of TIME_WAIT_avg by collectd in the CDEF causes the
following error.

    invalid rpn expression in: TIME_WAIT_avg,UN,0,TIME_WAIT_avg,IF

Solution is to rename the variable to something other than TIME_WAIT.