[collectd] rc8 is not working

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue May 8 20:45:43 CEST 2007

Hi Sergiusz,

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 06:12:03PM +0100, Sergiusz Pawlowicz wrote:
> hello, probably it is good idea to return into alpha release names,
> because changes in so called "release candidates" are too huge.

I'm not happy about the many changes in the RC line, but I think going
back to calling the tarballs `alpha*' is just confisuing as hell. I
think (yes, In know I've said this before, but hopefully this time I'm
right) that no more features need to be added to the 4.0.0 release.

What's left to be done is to thoroughly test the migration script
(Sebastian has found a problem with the disk-plugin) and adapt the
collection.cgi, though since displaying the graphs is not a focus of
collectd it'd be okay for me to release the version without it. But I
guess that'd be kind of a showstopper nonetheless.

> rc4 works well, rc8 even does not start, on strace it stops on reading
> types.db file.

Is the daemon exiting/dying or just hanging? If you could provide some
stack backtrace or the above strace or something that might be useful..