[collectd] Unknown Issue

Richard Shade rshade at rightscale.com
Tue May 8 15:40:17 CEST 2007

Florian,

On 5/8/07, Florian Forster <octo at verplant.org> wrote:

> Good morning ;)
>
> On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 05:08:55PM -0500, Richard Shade wrote:
> > looks like that was blocked :)
> > http://ec2-72-44-57-45.z-1.compute-1.amazonaws.com/coredumps-rs.tgz
>
> I tried to get a stack backtrace from those coredumps, but as I expected
> that doesn't quite work. To analyze the coredump I need the executable,
> too. On the positive side: `gdb' seems to be able to handle coredumps
> from other platform :)
>
> Julien, if you could re-compile the daemon with `--enable-debug' and
> provide the binary, the traffic plugin `traffic.so' and the coredump I
> can try to get a stack backtrace from that and hopefully fix the bug..
>
> Regards,
> -octo
> --
> Florian octo Forster
> Hacker in training
> GnuPG: 0x91523C3D
> http://verplant.org/

I'll do ya one better :)

If you go grab this.
http://ec2-72-44-57-45.z-1.compute-1.amazonaws.com/collectd-rs.tgz
it is the whole /opt/collectd tree from my system. Which is fedora core 6
btw. it also includes and uncleaned src tree in /collectd/src. Be aware when
you untar it. it comes out in a collectd directory.

--
Thanks,

Richard Shade
RightScale