[collectd] Unknown Issue

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Mon May 7 22:04:46 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 09:27:07PM +0200, Julien wrote:
> So we are in the same situation...
> Perhaps you could try to launch collectd without any plugin (comment
> LoadPlugin lines in .conf), and see if everything is allright...
> I get a segmentation fault using the "traffic plugin".... quite annoying... :-s
> I guess collectd do not like the Freebsd network interface...

If you guys are familiar using a debugger or similar tools you can help by
providing more detailed debugging information about the crashes. Else, you can
create a core dump by setting the core file size limit to something greater
than zero (e.g. "ulimit -c unlimited") before starting collectd (note that
this is a process specific setting - you have to apply it to the shell that's
going to start the collectd process). Then provide the core file in some place
we can access it.

Besides that, disabling plugins one by one as Julien already suggested will
help narrow things down to the plugin causing the troubles. Then check the
configuration settings of that plugin and provide detailed information about
it and your system settings related to it on this list.

HTH,
Sebastian

PS: Please avoid using top-posting in replies as this messes up the
readability of threads. Thank you!

--
Sebastian "tokkee" Harl
GnuPG-ID: 0x8501C7FC