[collectd] collectd 4.0.3 available

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Jun 20 23:08:15 CEST 2007

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your many bugreports, I guess version 4.0.4 will have to be
released really soon ;)

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 08:52:16PM +0100, Daniel Leite wrote:
> config.h:774:1: "_FILE_OFFSET_BITS" redefined
> /usr/include/sys/feature_tests.h:188:1: this is the location of the previous definition

This might be related on the inclusion of `AC_SYS_LARGEFILE' into the
configure.in. Sebastian, can you comment on this?

> cpu.c:343: warning: `return' with no value, in function returning non-void

Stupid bug, will be fixed.

> email.c:545: error: too many arguments to function `getgrnam_r'

IIrc you can force Solaris to use the POSIX compliant version of that
function by using the define `_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L', e. g. by setting
  CFLAGS="-D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L"
before running configure.

> exec.c:119: error: too many arguments to function `getpwnam_r'

Should be the same problem as `getgrnam_r'. I'll look into is though and
see if I can add a check to the configure script.

> interface.c:320: warning: `return' with no value, in function returning non-void

Stupid bug #2, will be fixed too.

> memory.c:308: error: `mem_locked' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> i make this change, not really sure if its valid as i'm dont know C :)
>
> -        memory_submit ("locked", mem_locked);
> +        memory_submit ("locked", mem_lock);

That's probably the solution. I'll double check this, the next version
will have it fixed.

> swap.c:198: error: storage size of 'ai' isn't known
> swap.c:200: warning: implicit declaration of function `swapctl'
> swap.c:200: error: `SC_AINFO' undeclared (first use in this function)

Sounds like a missing include. Could you provide the file `src/config.h'
so I can check what it is?

> unixsock.c:387: error: too many arguments to function `getgrnam_r'

Solaris vs. POSIX again, see above ;)

> collectd-nagios.c:103: error: `NAN' undeclared (first use in this function)

Huh?! Weird.. I'll have to look into that tomorrow though..

> i installed and tried to configure and didnt work (sending data to a
> remote collectd4 server)
>
> doing a truss i get this:

I'm sorry, but I'll have to put you off until tomorrow, since I have to
get up early tomorrow. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Thanks again for you bugreports, they helped getting quite some issues
fixed :) Or will help, in other cases ;)