[collectd] Collectd 3.11.5 Questions Apache Plugin, MySQL Plugin

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Fri Jul 27 10:35:52 CEST 2007

Hi Richard,

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 03:51:32PM -0500, Richard Shade wrote:
> First Question is the collectd.conf read in sequence, Do I have to have the
> load plugins at the beginning or will it work anywhere in the file.

The config file is read and interpreted sequentially, which basically means
that you can place any option anywhere you like as long as a plugin has been
loaded before it's configured (i.e. you need to have LoadPlugin before the
corresponding Plugin section).

> Secondly, Is there a place it logs, I need to see why it's not making the
> apache directory.

collectd 3.x logs to syslog only.

> Third, I am getting this error from the mysql plugin: Jul 26 16:43:41
> domU-12-31-35-00-06-44 collectd[26479]: Plugin `mysql' doesn't provide a
> read function. Can you guys give me a hand?

This looks like libmysqlclient has not been found during the build process and
the read function (which collectd the data) has been disabled. If you compiled
collectd yourself, please check the output of configure to see if libmysql has
been available (there is a summary at the end).

HTH,

Sebastian "tokkee" Harl
GnuPG-ID: 0x8501C7FC
http://tokkee.org/