[collectd] loss of data on collectd-server

Tue Jan 9 14:50:04 CET 2007

Hi Eric,

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 12:45:31PM +0100, eric fauser wrote:
> to the disk-subsystem, which consits of 6x36GB 10k Raid5 and the cpu
> reports ~17% IO-waitung
>
> ((the old system (same hardware) used only a mirrored 15k 148GB Disks
> which generated 35% IO-waitung))

this is much worse than I would have guessed.

> > This is weird, too: The same timestep is sent twice,

Don't mind me here; I didn't look close enough end the four lines
actually do contain two different timesteps.

> a veritas-clusters runs on this machine using fibre-channel connected
> disks, which use /dev/vx as a (tmpfs)-mapping-service and also df
> shows  2x /dev/vx devices :(
> (btw. no vx-devices are listed in /etc/fstab, so i think a
> kernel-module from the veritas-cluster do this)

Starting with version 3.11 (which I have uploaded two weeks ago; I will
publish them, i. e. link on the homepage, soon) you can ignore certain
mountpoints and filesystem-types. This might be worth a look for you.