[collectd] Lighttpd plugin

Wed Feb 14 11:45:02 CET 2007

Hi Florian,

some home-made applications store some statistics in RRD files.
Cacti hosted on a supervision server (not in the same LAN that the application server) does some graphs with RRD data collected by collectd-server.

So my idea was to use collectd to do the job = transferring local RRD files to the supervision server.
I know I could use a transfer protocol, but collectd in client-server mode provides one, and plugin architecture of collectd looks nice to read any input data. Moreover, low steps/heartbeat don't play nice with ftp, scp, ...

When I found collectd, I saw a replacement of net-snmp server + cacti poller, so I am maybe wrong about the collectd goal.

Florent