[collectd] collectd not generating rrd files?

Sat Feb 10 15:49:31 CET 2007

Hi Martin,

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 02:39:39PM +0100, martin östlund wrote:
> I installed collectd-3.11.1 from source on a Slackware 11.0 system. I
> configured collectd.conf to DataDir   /var/collectd/var/lib/collectd.
> my configure line is ./configure --disable-hddtemp --with-lm-sensors
> --prefix=/var/collectd --with-rrdtool

did the configure-script actually find the RRDTool library and header
files? The summary at the end of the script should tell you.

> The files in DataDir does not end in .rrd, is this a problem?

Maybe. If you have linked against `librrd', all you need to do is set
the `Mode' to `Local'. If you didn't link against `librrd' (because the
configure-script couldn't find the header files and/or the library) you
will need to install them and re-compile.

> Also, when I read howtos and such for rrdtool, they seem to have
> example .rrd-files which is not in the same format as the files
> outputted by collectd, what am I missing here, im new to all this...

If the files are human-readable, e. g. by using `less', they're
`CSV'-files and the `Mode' is (possibly implicitely) set to `Log'.