[collectd] collectd not generating rrd files?

Sat Feb 10 14:39:39 CET 2007

Hello.

I installed collectd-3.11.1 from source on a Slackware 11.0 system. I
configured collectd.conf to DataDir   /var/collectd/var/lib/collectd.
my configure line is ./configure --disable-hddtemp --with-lm-sensors
--prefix=/var/collectd --with-rrdtool

The files in DataDir does not end in .rrd, is this a problem ? Also,
when I read howtos and such for rrdtool, they seem to have example
.rrd-files which is not in the same format as the files outputted by
collectd, what am I missing here, im new to all this...

With best regards,
Georgie