[collectd] no df statistics

Fri Feb 9 19:26:09 CET 2007

Hi Florian

	Thanks for collectd, its a great product!! 8)

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 17:53:48 +0100
Florian Forster <octo.trailing-username(a)leading-domain.verplant.org> wrote:
> don't worry about it; I get the moderation requests once a day, so
> I'll simply skip over this message tonight ;)

	no need, i got the moderation warning email and i was able to
cancel the post

> Yes, I was able to reproduce the problem and fix the bug. Please try
> the attached patch and if you could tell me `yep, works now' that's be
> awesome :)

	yep, work now!!  :)

	thanks alot, i can now go the weekend with this working fine

>Appart from that I'll likely pack a 3.11.1 release tonight which
>should fix this bug.

	i have a few comments about collectd in solaris, maybe its the
right time (or already too late) to tell you...

	when compiling i found several minor problems like this:

if /bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.    -Wall -Werror -g -O2 -MT processes.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/processes.Tpo" -c -o processes.lo processes.c; \
	then mv -f ".deps/processes.Tpo" ".deps/processes.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/processes.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -Wall -Werror -g -O2 -MT processes.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/processes.Tpo -c processes.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/processes.o
processes.c: In function `ps_config':
processes.c:412: warning: implicit declaration of function `ps_list_register'
processes.c: At top level:
processes.c:195: warning: 'list_head_g' defined but not used
make[3]: *** [processes.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/collectd-3.11.0/src'

	There are more problems like this in some modules, but if
i removed the -Werror from AM_CFLAGS in src/Makefile all compiles
fine...

	i also got a crash with the users plugin loaded, with truss
i could see that it crashed openning/reading the /var/adm/utmpx

	Finally i had several problems to setup the client/server mode,
and all because i was missing the server entry in the...err.. server
config...

	i would suggest the example config to group the server config
and the client config like this:

#mode server
#server local_ip  port
# OR
#listen local_ip port
# OR use nothing to listen to multicast

#mode client
#server remote_ip port

	its a small thing but helps alot the first client/server config
that ones want to make, because the current example look too much that
the server mode dont need any more entries (that is only true if you
want multicast :)

anyway, thanks for the help and for this very useful app

best regards,
Daniel Leite
ps: any plan to support windows (or snmp) ;)

--
DTI - Divisão Técnica e de Infra-estruturas

Bloco Gráfico
Rua da Restauração, 387 - 4050-506 PORTO
Telef.: 22 608 83 58 * Fax: 22 608 83 59
E-mail: dleite.trailing-username(a)leading-domain.portoeditora.pt

Infopédia.pt - Uma Enciclopédia, 13 Dicionários, um Atlas.
http://www.infopedia.pt/

Agora ainda mais acessível e com novas funcionalidades!