[collectd] Collectd rpm spec file for collectd 4.0.6 on Fedora 7

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Aug 7 09:38:32 CEST 2007

Hi Kjell,

while having a quick glance at your specfile, a few things came to mind:

The following plugins have external dependencies and should be in one
package each:
- iptables => libiptc
- nut      => libupsclient (network ups tools)
- perl     => libperl
- ping     => liboping (can be distributed with collectd if you don't
	      want to build an extra package of the library)
- rrdtool  => librrd

The email plugin does not have any external dependencies (you may need
SpamAssassin to use it, but the email plugin itself doesn't depend on
SA) and can be included in the main package.

The following plugins don't have any functionality under Linux and
should be disabled completely:
- apple_sensors
- tape

The %{_libdir}/%{name}/*.la files are created by libtool and I don't
know how to stop it. They are never used and can be deleted before
building the package..

Could you have a look at this? If you don't have time I can give it a
try, but I'd need someone to test it for me..