[collectd] collectd 4.0 in server mode

Tue Apr 24 00:12:03 CEST 2007

Hi

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:01:07 +0200
Florian Forster <octo.trailing-username(a)leading-domain.verplant.org> wrote:
> this is no surprise, since the `Modes' have retired ;)

	ooops... ok :)

> I will look into why the daemon hasn't complained about these keys not
> being valid. How did you start the daemon? ``By hand'' or using an
> init-script of some sort?

	i had a script, but as it failled, i tried via command line_

# /opt/collectd/sbin/collectd -f -C /opt/collectd/etc/collectd-server.conf
cpufreq plugin: Found 0 CPUs
multimeter plugin: No device found
Initialization of plugin `multimeter' failed with status -1.
Plugin will be unloaded.
^C
Exiting normally
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

	I pressed ctrl+C to exit, i can try to debug that crash

> The new way of doing this is as follows:
>  LoadPlugin network
>  <Plugin network>
>    Listen "ff18::efc0:4a42" "25826"
(...)
>  LoadPlugin network
>  <Plugin network>
>    Server "ff18::efc0:4a42" "25826"

	done... its now working!!  :)
	thanks

> - `rrdtool' for writing values to RRD-files

	but i still have problems, several rrd graphs show empty (like
irq), others show a broken image (like swap, error 404), and i dint see
how to log the HDs IO like in v3... bugs or not implemented?

	also starting the collectd i get a warning about hddtemp:

Plugin `hddtemp' did not register a callback.
Plugin `hddtemp' did not register a callback.

	i have hddtemp running and works fine, also, collectd show it
compiled the hddtemp... any tip?

	and finally, does v4 server can collect data from v3 clients?
	it would be useful for those like me, using it in several
machines, it would allow a upgrade without breaking the log. the
alternative is to upgrade in a new dir in all machines and only
then stop the v3 and start the new version.

thanks for the help

Best regards,
--
Daniel Leite
DTI - Divisão Técnica e de Infra-estruturas

Bloco Gráfico
Rua da Restauração, 387 - 4050-506 PORTO
Telef.: 22 608 83 58 * Fax: 22 608 83 59
E-mail: dleite.trailing-username(a)leading-domain.portoeditora.pt

A Herança do Vazio - O romance vencedor do "Man Booker Prize 2006"
http://www.portoeditora.pt/ficha.asp?ID=04123

Uma poderosa saga familiar no cenário dos Himalaias